Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Chivalry Is Not Dead 5/30/2023

 Good Morning,

It's early and I must write a little quicker today, but I still have time to enjoy some Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. 

Philippians 2:3 do nothing from self ambition and conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourself.


Last Sunday evening I took some time to sit out in our driveway. Normally I like to sit in the back yard on the patio with a glass of Sweet Peach Iced Tea and a bonfire. Changing up my habit a little I moved my relaxation to the front yard so I could wave to the dog walkers and maybe interact with a few. While listening to some easy on the ears tunes and day dreaming, I noticed the teens from across the street. This is a nice family and the kind of neighbors you desire to have on your block. The kids are full of accomplishments that are note worthy. But what I saw warmed my heart from the inside out and made my day. 

Three teens came out of the house and were going somewhere in the car. ( Two girls and one young man) The young man went to the passenger side of the car (he was the driver) and opened the front door. One young lady waited and allowed him to open the car door for her and after she was seated, he closed the door. He then repeated the kind and respect filled gesture for the young lady waiting at the back door of the car. What an awesome display of good manners and respect! The good old days were replayed right in front of my eyes and I went to bed later with a smile on my heart. I must commend those teens for two things. 1 The young man exhibited respect and kindness toward the ladies. 2.The girls were ladies and allowed the young man to treat them as such. This is by no means an attack on women who would rather open there own door, but for me I applaud the chivalry and kindness I witnessed. Those kids are a product of a good home where respect and kindness were taught. My hat goes off to the parents!

I wish our world had more respect and kindness. Maybe the good old days are not dead.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment