Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The First Day Of March 3/1/2022

 Good Morning,

I am sitting in the quiet of our home enjoying a cup of Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee and putting my thoughts together for my blog.

Today as I survey our property I see that the winter ice storms have made a mess or two that will require tending to very soon. The grass will need some tender loving care to get going in a few spots. This time of year is hard to deal with sometimes. It isn't really spring and it isn't really winter. Each day could bring a warm, sunny day or 12 inches of snow. I like to call the month of March "Mr. I Am Not Sure" 

Making choices as to support something (a cause) or not support it can be very difficult for some people. This reads them as unpredictable and easily swayed, which might be the truth, or far from the truth. For me I base the choices I make on the grounds of Biblical truths. In other words I check my Bible to see if what I am choosing to do or what I am saying is backed by the Bible. In doing so, my actions can be clear cut and able to withstand my own doubts. It makes for easier sleeping!

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 

Joshua 24:15 But id serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves whom you will serve. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. 

I believe that for me the first and most important decision is to know whom I serve and love. Once that was established, my doubts and fears of any further decisions are clearer and easier to make. 

So as March rolls in and is anything but stable, I know for us in this home our status with God will always be the same. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment