Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Best Coffee Is One With A Buddy 3/13/2022

 Good Morning,

Once again a small fire is in the hearth warming up the house and my cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffles Coffee is warming my insides up. 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has no one to lift him up. 

On Friday I received a call from a close friend. He was having difficulty entering his garage because the door was jammed due to heaving concrete. It needed two people to solve this one. I was off of work and could do what I did need to do for my employer from home at anytime during the day.  This miscue in life would need two guys to solve it and so I packed my sledge hammer which he requested and drove over to his house. We prayed about what we needed to do, asking God for some help, safety and wisdom. We tore into that project like two well oiled machines and within about an hour and a half we were putting the finishing touches on the repairs.  We thanked God for assisting the two of us who are proclaimed to be the "Two Village Idiots" 

One thing we lacked, was to consider the outdoor temperature. We were dressed a little light for the wind and cold. So, by the time we were finished I suggested that he brew a pot of coffee and we warm up before I left. My friend was all for that idea. As we warmed up we talked and refilled our mugs. We chatted for about an hour. 

My friend has been laid up on and off for the last three years. And there are mornings when a cup of coffee will make him vomit. He spent the better part of the last three years in pain. So for us to be able to tackle an emergency repair project together was a gift given to us by God. Then to sit like days of old and drink a cup of coffee, and solve world problems at his kitchen table was especially nice. That cup of coffee not only warmed me up physically, it did a lot for my soul. "Coffee For The Soul" 

The day will come when we will be too old or one of us will be gone home to glory and we won't have coffee time. This cup was a long time in arriving. As I went home, I was grateful for a broken garage door and some frozen concrete. 

Covid has put a lot of dampers on close relationships. And while it is somewhat at bay, do your best to visit one another and share a treat. It could be coffee or pastry, it's your call. Don't let time fly by without living your life. It is best lived when it is shared. 

God bless,

Marty







Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment