Thursday, March 3, 2022

Just A Little Slow Today 3/3/2022

 Good Morning,

I am blessed to have borrowed a coffee grinder so I can grind the beans for a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog. It worked so well that I might put one on my Christmas list. 

Today is my sister's birthday. This is the second birthday that she is not with us anymore. As a toddler she used to just bother me to no end. Everywhere I went she was bound and determined to go with me. I would purposely walk faster just to make her not want to go with me,. She would say "Mar, you walk too fast for me". Now I wish she were here so we could take a slow long walk together and hear her laugh with her robust gusto. 

Galatians 6:10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone. 

If I were to give some advice to all of you today, it would be to slow down and let others be in step with you, especially those children. Believe it or not, your kids and grandkids want to be with you and many times they don't care where you are going. Take them along. Our daughter was just fascinated by a car wash when she was little. I might be going to the store from some milk and she would ask if she could go along. Once in the car she would ask. "My go to the car wash?" She had my and me messed up for about a year. My heart would melt when I would see her asleep in the car seat. A carwash would put that kid to sleep faster than a shot of Nyquil. 

So before you are sitting in front of a computer wishing you hadn't shewed one of those toddlers away, just take them along. It makes for some good memories instead of some bad ones. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment