Friday, March 4, 2022

21 Years Ago 3/4/2022

 Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee overflows with good taste, literally! I spilled some coffee this morning and that hot liquid did not exactly tickle my leg. Now with the cup refilled to a level of reason, it is time to write. 

Proverbs 4:2 For I give you good precepts, do not forsake my teaching. 


21 years ago God blessed us with a grandson. From day one, he was a fire ball of energy. He still is the same today as he was many years ago. He goes and goes. I wonder where he get's that from? It certainly isn't me. Truth be known he is just like his mother. She goes and goes and goes. 

I recall a day when my nephew and I were teaching the kid how to shoot. It was a warm day and the idea of some lunch with a cold Coke sounded good. When we took a break for lunch, my grandson was already planning the rest of our day, which did not include any rest. 

Our grandson is still always on the move and is often pulled in a few different directions. But what I am glad to hear is that as he goes and goes, he goes to church. 

If I taught him anything, it is that a man should attend church and be active within it. So we will call him later with our "Happy Birthday" salutation, and my prayer will be that he always makes the roll call on Sundays!  

This should be the prayer of all grandparents and parents. Lead them to God early and often. We are very proud of him. Happy Birthday Grandson. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment