Monday, March 14, 2022

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend 3/14/2022

Good Morning,

Monday rolled in like an extra guest that wasn't expected. I am headed out early today for work so this one cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee has to be the last one for the day. 

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like sifting shadows. 




On Sunday I had to say farewell to an old friend.  Years of hard work and long days that sometimes ran into the night took it's toll and it was time to lay my friend to rest. That old body was worn beyond worn and it was rested on a frame that has seen better days. So my friend was put out to pasture and will spend it's last days on a farm, never to roam the highway with the radio blasting and taking us to hunting destinations.

I am talking about my old Ford F250 Pickup Truck. You probably just tuned me out about now, thinking that I have gone nuts. Not really.  I bought the old work horse used, and gave it a good home. I took care of it as needed and I drove it to destinations of happiness and some of despair. Many times I was alone, except for a dog or two as I traveled. There were other times that I shared the front seat with a companion. The old truck witnessed me at my best and at my worst. It heard laughter and prayer for the last 8 years. It also heard some crying and had some tears drip down to the seat. The old truck was the first place I wanted to sit when I had both knees replaced. I knew when I sat in that seat and could crawl back out, I was on the mend. 

So why all this sentiment about a truck? I am just sharing my heart and want to thank God for the blessing of the Old Ford. I needed a deal on a truck 8 years ago and God provided one. We never experienced a crash in the vehicle and I was never left stranded by it. So I need to thank God for taking care of both of us.

Food for thought. All good things come from God. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment