Thursday, March 10, 2022

I'll Be There 3/10/2022

 Good Morning,

The week began with gusto and will go out with gusto. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Ephesians 5;25 Husbands love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

It was somewhere around 1970 and the Jackson 5 had a hit song called "I'll be there". I wasn't too much of a fan of the Jackson 5. I was born too late to really be a part of the music I loved at that age. I was more of a Doo Wop guy and enjoyed Dion and the Belmonts as well as Connie Francis more than some of the hits coming out at the time. But I had a crush on a young lady and one night while sitting and talking to each other she played "I'll be there" on the record player. 

For some strange reason that song kind of clicked in my head and I at times will find myself humming that tune. I will be forever grateful to the young lady for playing that song. I heard the song once again yesterday and it made me smile. 

Now for the neat thing about this. The same day my wife and I had our first date over a thousand years ago I recall the Jackson 5 playing on the radio when I dropped Rene off and I was driving home. I drove home to 'Ill be there". 

Rene asked me a question not long ago as to when I knew that I was in love with her. I replied boldly, "On the way home, from our first date." I knew I wanted to be there with her and for her. She wasn't my first crush, but she is my last one. Last night she thanked me for taking care of her these last few days as she nurses a very sore arm. I said, "you bet! I'll be there as long as God has me here."

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, girl, is all I'm after
Whenever you need me, I'll be there.
I'll be there to protect you 
With unselfish love that respects you
Just call my name and I'll be there 

Kind of  sappy story for today, but I woke up this morning and Rene was on my mind. I told her last night that if she needed me, just call and I'll be there. She is doing much better today and I think she is on the mend. I will never get tired of hearing her call my name. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment