Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Fixing Up A Cookie 3/8/2022

 Good Morning,

I am headed out for a long day with a lot of miles to travel. My cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee will be my companion for half of the trip. 


Last night I felt like trying my hand at making some cookies. Macadamia nut cookies seemed to be a easy chore while the directions were in the cook book! I wanted to surprise my wife who has been feeling poorly the last couple of days. 

Well those cookies resembled small cow pies and horse apples more than they did a cookie. Two out of 24 turned out good enough to eat. They didn't look the greatest. So I decided to hide a few blemishes by spreading peanut butter over the top of the cookies. Later I took one to Rene with a small glass of milk. I quote "You have to make these again." I said to myself, "Not in a million years". 

I am still not sure if she meant that statement or not. My point for today is this. Not all cookies, even though they look good are tasty and worth eating two. Some are just not that good and frosting (or peanut butter) just disguises a bad cookie. 

Some choices that we have to make come decorated with the frosting of life and although attractive, they are ugly through and through. How do we know a choice is a good one. Simple answer!

Ask for wisdom in making the choice. 

James 5:12 Now if any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 

Don't get caught with your knickers down while making a decision. Pray and ask God for wisdom and choose wisely. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment