Thursday, March 24, 2022

Looking For A Helping Hand? 3/24/2022

 Good Morning,

Thursday is here and I can see Friday over the top of my glasses now. I believe a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is in order to start the day. 

I had a relative who always said the best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm. She and I always agreed on the fact that it isn't very flattering to seek help when you can do something yourself. As a matter of fact she and I often said that those who always help others who could help themselves are part of the problem. People with kind hearts often enable those who could help themselves, but rely on others to carry the load for them. 

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 

Being too ready to help often teaches others to become lazy and become experts at applying  perceived helplessness. This does no one any good at all. Once the cancer of perceived helplessness takes root, any pride that was once there is gone. 

There is a fine line between true needs and applied helplessness. One has to be accountable for being lazy and on the other hand if you are an enabler you also need to be held accountable to shut off the instant help. Better to teach someone how to fish than giving them a fish just when they want a fish fry. 

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment