Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Breaking Out The Wrenches For A Good Cause 3/22/2022

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is doing a good job of helping me welcome the morning.  

Hebrews 1:14 Are not all angels ministering servants sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?



Last week I was approached by a good friend and he asked me if I could take some of my old skills and help him out with a plumbing leak at his father in law's home. I wasn't able to see the leak and piping before hand, but he did a really good job of describing the issue. This was one of those projects that could go either way, good or bad. 

I dusted off my equipment and knew I would need an assortment of pipe wrenches to wrestle with the old galvanized piping. I left our home on Sunday and was packed with just about everything I might need. I knew it would take one run to the local hardware emporium once we measured up the replacement needs.

Once I arrived I knew I had been correct in assuming the worst could happen but we still were hoping for the best. Before we even measured anything we prayed and asked God to give us wisdom, to wake up my old skill set, and make everything go smoothly.  

Really, not to my surprise the old piping came apart without breaking. We prefabricated the replacement piping outside and then took it all in and slipped it in place without a hitch. 

God knew the situation and He came through in a big way. This piping job was causing my friend's father in law some stress that just wasn't needed. We wanted him to not have to worry about anything. It was a miracle that the corroded pipe did not break off at a joint. Even my pipe wrenches did not seem heavy. I have seen many of these quick fix repairs end up taking all day or two days. 

God knew our hearts were in the right place and I believe that He had some angel loosen the piping. 

You can argue with me and call it good luck. I know my piping and I say God is one great plumber.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment