Friday, March 25, 2022

Restless Days 3/25/2022

 Good Morning,

The alarm clock announced that dawn is upon me and it is time to taste some hot Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.



I took the picture of this eagle while I was hunting in the North woods of Michigan about 12 years ago. I knew it would come in handy someday. 

I have been restless in my heart, mind, and soul, for the last few weeks and whenever that happens with me I know the winds of change are blowing once more. We have been talking more and more at home about the possibilities now that full retirement will be upon us by next year February. I am not sure what God has planned for us or if He has any plans at all. I have petitioned God as to what it could be that is causing me to be restless and there has been no reply.

Why am I writing about this? Because I am sure others go through periods like this. It is awful tempting to try and manufacture a pathway, but then that would be me trying to play God with my life. I have learned this over the years. Until God clearly directs my path in different directions I just need to keep doing what I have been doing and wait on the Lord to show us the move to make. No need to pester God and ask over and over what He wants from us. He gave us a direction for now and that is what we will do. And we will do it with contentment. 

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles; They shall run and not be weary; They shall walk and not faint.

Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 

The key to happiness, is waiting on the Lord with contentment. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment