Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Sharing A Cup Of Coffee 3/2/2022

 Good Morning,

It is very quiet in our house this morning.  Both dogs have ben outside. Both were fed and now they are happy, content and curled up on my feet. My feet are the warmest place in the house. 

I poured myself a cup of Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee a few minutes ago. My wife is not a coffee drinker and I have nowhere that I need to be today. So there in no possibility to share a cup of coffee with someone else and just enjoy some morning banter. 

Leviticus 19:34 You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as a native among you, you shall love him as yourself. For you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am The Lord your God. 

Titus 1:8. Be hospitable, a lover of good, self controlled, upright, holy and self disciplined. 

For years while in the full time work force I would start my day somewhere, or as I liked best, was to start it in my office. I always had a pot of coffee brewing or a Thermos bottle filled with my blend of the day. It was just plain nice to be able to share a cup with another person, say good morning and welcome them in. Many planning sessions took place over a cup of Door County Coffee. 

My work setting has changed and although retired I work part time. My day starts on the road and ends coming home from the road. I do travel with a mug of coffee , but hardly ever do I start my day with handing someone else a cup of morning java.

Friends, this is not a cry from someone who is lonely and in need of a coffee buddy. I am the one who chooses to get up early, work and not have an office anymore. I do miss that first five minutes of work, or those guests that came to the office for something I could do for them. That friendliness of sharing a cup of coffee is what I miss. 

God tells us to be hospitable to people and welcome them into our homes, which also could be our office spaces. I am not advocating for people to be slacking at work, but much more work can be accomplished when your office door is open, you are approachable, and the coffee is a good. 

I wonder what would happen if Russia and Ukraine sat down to start a day with a cup of coffee and were approachable? Even my worst critics were always offered a cup of coffee and a chair. Once we listened to each other we very often found the common ground of agreement. The coffee always tasted better when it was shared.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment