Sunday, March 6, 2022

More Than I Deserve 3/6/2022

 Good Morning,

Morning has come and it is time to pour a hot mug of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee. The day will be a busy one and I look forward to the challenge. 

I woke up this morning and put my two feet on the floor. Once I established that feat (LOL) I determined that I was not dead. Our two dogs were using my feet as a launch pad for their morning antics so I did some math. 1 I was alive, and I wasn't in hell so I was two for two and thought that it was more than I deserve. I truly believe that.

As a human, I realize that we all sin and there is a price to pay for not living up to what God wants for us.

Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

The first part of Romans 6:23 is really scary and yet never were any words more true than those. We all have sinned. And I am among all. It was God's plan that no one should perish and He offered a solution to our sin debt. 

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you been saved through faith. This is not of your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so no one can boast. 

I certainly could not earn this gift, or be able pay back the heavy price that was paid for by Jesus Christ the day He he was crucified, died, and was buried. In proof of His victory over sin He was resurrected three days later by the Father. I could not do this for myself, nor could anyone else do it for me. 

Every morning I am humbled by the fact that if it weren't for that sacrifice and the grace of God, I could die and spend eternity in hell. 

Acts 4;12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved. 

Romans 10:13 For "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".

So each day that I wake up, I will remember the One who died for me.

Have a great Sunday.

Marty 


No comments:

Post a Comment