Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Making Room For Others 3/16/2022

 Good Morning,

The Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is still brewing as I am writing today. I can't wait much longer for that first cup.

Psalm 26:2 Prove me, O Lord, and try me; Test my heart and my mind. 

Today my subject line is "Making Room For Others". I am not talking about physical room in your home, your church, your circle of friends, family or adventures. Although I could write about those subjects for a few days. 

I am talking about the room of our hearts. My wife Rene and I regret not building our home a little bigger in a couple areas, Now we have both agreed that it is too late to do that now. So that dream faded with lack of funds and ambition. But making room in our hearts for others is never too late. 

Our hearts are filled with emotions. One emotion is love, another is respect, and thirdly a desire to belong.  As we age doctors pay special attention to things that could be wrong with our physical heart. They look for hardening of the arteries and other things that come with age. They try to keep our hearts working like when we were young. But it is our job to take the prescribed medication and lay off of the bacon. So we actually work to keep our hearts beating until God calls us home. 

I am sure if they do an autopsy on me when I die they will find two bacon cheeseburgers. My point for today is this. For some of you emotional pain has come along that has hardened your hearts and closed off your heart to be open to others. As the cheeseburger diet has hurt my life longevity so does a heart that is closed to letting others in. A steady diet of anger, hurt and carrying a grudge does too much damage to your heart's ability to reach out and receive love from others. Trust is just a word in the dictionary. A heart beats best when it beats for others. When we forgive, forget and move forward our heart is once more exercised and as it beats it desires to make room once again for others and the love that goes with it. 

Don't go another day with  a heart that is closed to others and the love they bring. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment