Friday, September 17, 2021

You Can't Eat A Cookbook 9/17/21

Good Morning,

Friday arrived, right on time and I for one am glad it did. A great aroma is coming from the kitchen as I brew a pot of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee. So here is my thought of the day.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a Light to my path. 

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourself. 



I have a large collection of cookbooks and very often I go to them to find a new dish to make for my wife and I or guests who come to dine with us. I browse through the books and try to figure out what I want to make. I have new cook books and some ancient hand me downs. By now my buddies are all laughing as they are picturing me in an apron sweeping the floor. Buzz off pals. 

I however like cookbooks where the recipe is printed next to a picture of how the dish should look when done. Some of those photos are mouth watering testimonials of some great cooking. But no matter how many books I look into for the next family dinner, nothing happens unless I put some traction toward making the meal, I found out a long time ago that you "Can't eat a cookbook!!!? You have to open it , purchase the ingredients and follow the directions perfectly. 

Many a Bible sits on a table or mantel on display for the world to see. Some folks actually open them now and then. You can glean a lot from just studying God's Word. This is true! You can do more for yourself, your family, your friends, and the world if when studying you follow the directions given within. It is a recipe for success in your walk with God. 

So tonight, open your Bible and follow through on what it says. 

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment