Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Dog Tired 9/14/2021

 Good Morning,

I woke up and our two dogs decided to start playing asap. Their playfulness at 4:30 am is unbelievable. I do not possess that kind of energy anymore. I will start my day with a cup of Door Count Caramel Apple Coffee and hope for the best!

I came home from work and used an expression I heard my grandpa say after a long day of work on the railroad.  " I am dog tired and need a nap" Dogs like to sleep for about 8 hours a day. They sleep their day away, waiting for you to come home and play with them. So the expression "dog tired" eludes to the fact that they like to sleep. 

Mt wife Rene said "dog tired? You should be dog tired. You have been growling for a week. By now you have to be tired." I will admit that I have been very crabby lately and to be honest I don't know why. I didn't need to be reminded of it. I already knew that I have been out of sorts. 

I have a lot on my mind, all at one time, and I spend too much of my sleep time thinking about some of the things on my mind. I am not worrying, about anything, just working through processes for the things I need to get done. But this is no excuse for growling at people. 

I went to God's Word and found something this grumpy guy needed to hear.

John 14:27 I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give, So don't be troubled or afraid.

If you are dog tired, it might be because you were growling all day. Think it through or your spouse will remind you! No one likes a grumpy, crabby, guy. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment