Friday, September 3, 2021

A Tradition Continues It's A Good Thing

 Good Morning,

This day will get going very early this morning and I am happy it is. I am greeting this morning with a Thermos bottle of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and a smile on my face. 

Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. 

I will be leaving the house today with my hunting license, my shotgun and my goose calls. Yes, hunting season has begun and I am meeting up with two good friends to see if we can bring a honker or two home for the freezer. 

I started hunting at the age of ten, by walking along with my dad or grandpa. At twelve I was slinging my own gun, (not hitting much) but I was out there. It has become a tradition with me. The first real sign of fall for me. There is a time for every purpose under heaven! 

I won't shoot anything I won't eat and I enjoy watching dogs work at retrieving downed game. I like to shoot and get out of bed early! I like drinking hot coffee and a eating cookie with my friends. Most of all I will see a sunrise this morning and whatever else God has planned for us. Lord willing I will be eating goose on Sunday!!!

The point is this. Hunting is a passion of mine. I don't over hunt and I know my physical limits which are becoming less and less. I want to publicly thank God for giving me the drive to hunt and the passion to stay with it. I want to thank God for every man and woman I have ever hunted with and for every dog who gave it their all to work hard with us.

The tradition continues and I am thankful. What are you thankful for?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment