Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Harmony In The Home Or Civil War? 9/8/2021

 Good Morning,

I started this day later than usual and so my blog has been delayed for a little while. My cup is filled with Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee and it is time to write.


I never was much of a musician and I really can't sing very well either. I played the accordion for a few years when I was a little boy. I played good enough to get into a band at the age of 6 but my desire soon fizzled. It's a shame that I did not continue, because I really do like hearing an accordion being played. A waltz or a polka are my two favorites. Blend the accordion in with a drum, and a few other instruments and you can have some beautiful music. The instruments played together in harmony produces some of the best music around. Have one instrument play off key, or get ahead on the music sheet and you have some pretty nasty music coming from what should be a beautiful sound,

Today my thoughts turn to harmony within a home. The harmony I speak of is the ability of a family to function in harmony together. More and more homes are shattered or riddled by lack of harmony or the ability for people to just "get along" together. 

The home should be a nurturing environment, full of love and peace despite circumstances. Many times it is anything but! The enemy is bent full throttle to destroy a family environment. The devil works hard to destroy marriages and pit spouses against each other. 

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, like a roaring lions roams about seeking whom he may devour.

This is a sad state of affairs when a family or couple continually are torn apart. One method the devil uses to destroy a family is selfishness. We all were born with a selfish nature, and when that nature is out of control, you have a band from hell. There will be constant bickering, unkind words shared with each other and even the little things in life cannot be accomplished. Everything becomes a battle. Husband and wife are explosive. Then throw the children in the mix and you have a family at each other's throats without any fear of the consequences. You have "Civil War" Family members firing verbal assaults' at each other in unison is not a beautiful melody. 

James 3:14-16  14. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts DO NOT BE FALSE AND BOAST IN THE TRUTH. 15. This is not wisdom that comes down from above., but is earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16.For where jealousy and self ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. 

I will be writing on harmony in the home for the next two days. I will start offering a path to a harmonious home by saying this. Unless Jesus "The Prince Of Peace" is at the center of the home all attempts to survive in the home are futile. 

Acts 16:31 And they said "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved you and your household."

This gets us pointed in the right direction. Start with your own relationship with Jesus and let Him clean up your part of the home. If this is truly done by faith, immediate fruit will be shown. If not don't, tomorrows blog will just cause you to look at the faults of others instead of your own, and cause you to not seek reconciliation.

Marty




2 comments:

  1. I think periodically, we all might be late starters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seek our Heavenly Father every day because His Spirit is in me. I pray that He becomes a greater part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete