Saturday, September 18, 2021

Still Time For Grilling 9/18/2021

 Good Morning,

Welcome to my thought for the day. I just sat down with a hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee and it is time to write.

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. 



Last night I tackled the task of assembling a new gas grill and despite, a hot garage, clouds of mosquitoes, and wearing repellent I finished the task. I am proud to say that I navigated the poor drawings and directions for assembly with only two spare screws and who cares where they belong. I did however save them just in case there assigned destination becomes painfully aware to me after using the grill a few times. 

I am writing today not to talk about my ability to read a bad blueprint and navigate directions in three languages. I want to talk about grilling some food. 

It won't be too long before the frost hits our ground and snow paints the scenery and although many people still cook outside in the winter or enjoy a tailgate at football game, most folks store away the grill until next spring. 

I for one have a small cook out planned for New Years Day (God willing) to have family and friends over for a grilled pheasant dinner. It seems to me that whether it is two people enjoying some grilled meat and vegetables or more people, the grill seems to bring out the best in comradery and fellowship. 

So if you are one who puts the grill away when the leaves start to turn colors and you are done for the year, turn on the crock pot and make some chili or soup, but share it with someone and show hospitality. A pot filled with potato soup on a cold night. ( It must be know that I do not like making potato soup) but my wife enjoys it immensely. To see her smile light up the room with her cup of soup in her hand on a cold day is what this blog is about today.

Use the table, the grill, the crockpot or the wok to make others happy and for you to be able to enjoy fellowship with those you care about. 

Our daughter is good at planning events for friends and neighbors. She is happy to carry on an old family tradition. Proud to say she is mine!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment