Thursday, September 2, 2021

A Great Warrior 9/2/2021

 Good Morning,

Dawn is still escaping the horizon, yet I am wide awake and ready to hit the day hard. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee and now it is time to write. 



My computer went trough a diagnostic check the other day and the usual. "Do Not Turn Your Computer Off until completed" warning came on. Twenty minutes later it shut down after the check up was done. I then turned it back on and it went into another slow warm up and checked a few more things. Finally after 45 minutes of not being able to work, all was well and the computer was back to normal speed.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, and constant in prayer.

I needed to get some work done and it was the end of the day when this all started. I did walked away for a few minutes during the reboot and then came back and just watched and waited. I decided to experiment a little. I took my pulse heart rate at the start of the process. It already was higher than normal. I could feel the tension as I looked at the clock, knowing I wanted to be done with the work I needed to do and go to bed. So I checked my blood pressure on our little meter and it was also high. My blood pressure has been pretty static and now it was elevated.

Once the computer decided that ruining my health was finished my blood pressure went down and my pulse rate was back to normal. Friends I had just fought with a great warrior. PATIENCE. 

That ***##** X** is fierce in battle. My patience with being interrupted  is short to say the least. My patience with things that slow me down id even on a shorter meter. But as I proved in my primitive experiment, it had a bad impact on my body and brain. We all have to learn that in time things move on, but too often or not, they move at their pace and not ours. At times we just need to slow down and wait on things, especially the ones we do not control. 

If I had taken the time away from the computer and watching it in the spin cycle, I could have spent 20 minutes just talking to my wife, or taking the dogs outside. I bet that even while talking to my wife or being outdoors I would have been wondering if the diagnostics were finished. Instead of being frustrated and impatient, I could have viewed this time down as a blessing and time to walk away from an already frustrating day. Patience beat me up pretty badly and I lost the battle to this vicious warrior.

I could have also taken the time to pray. When fighting with patience or the lack of. Slow down and wait it out, take your turn when it comes, pray and you'll find that you beat up on Patience.

Have a great day,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Marty. Thank you for this reminder, as I grow older I'd like to say my patience grow with me, but that isn't always the case. Great ideas for down time. I will be following your lead. Have an amazing day and thank you for all your words of wisdom, they help me grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks thats a good one for this week with me and a client

    ReplyDelete