Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tomatoes For This Winter 9/7/2021

 Good Morning,

I woke up ready to start the day and I am looking forward to it. I have a plan to get my Jeep fixed today and be ready for the rest of the week. A hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee is steaming next to me. 

Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh!

Last night before going to bed my wife Rene and I finished putting up a few quarts of tomatoes for the winter. We have been blessed with enough to share with a few friends and yet we will be blessed to be eating them in chili in October. My  plan is to make some pasta sauce as well as some salsa to freeze and eat this winter. 

Just before I use some of our pantry products, I think about how Rene starts the plants from seeds and now we are dining on them and we will later. I didn't write today to brag about tomatoes in, but to commend my wife for her gentle hand on the plants and her weeding and watering. 

I asked her how and why she is so meticulous with her seedlings and she replied," Adam and Eve were placed in the garden of Eden to work. I am just carrying on an old family tradition" She thought she was funny as she laughed herself into another room. I told her to stay away from our apple trees and she laughed even harder. 

So this blog wasn't about tomatoes or apples, or Adam and Eve. The point is, we worked hard together. Then we laughed. Laughter is so important in the home. Take time to laugh with someone today. Not at someone, but with someone.

Happy Day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment