Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Grandma Will Let You Know. With A Recipe 9/22/2021

 Good Morning,

The day began with our two dogs barking up a storm next to the bed. They were running to the front door and wanted outside. I looked into the yard to see what the ruckus was about and I saw the culprit. There was a cat on our porch crying out for something. I opened the door a little and the cat took off down the street. Just then the coffee maker kicked in and it was time for a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Java.

Matthew 5:37 But let your yes be yes and let your no be no. For whatever is more that these is from the evil one. 



About five days a week we call on my wife's mother just to chat and check in on our 94 year old family matriarch. Last night I placed the call. She likes to discuss the Packer game with me and they played on Monday night. 

Whenever Rene visits her mom, I try to send a couple of meals with her for Grandma. Last night while I was chatting with her I let her know that Rene would be coming out today and I made two chicken dinners for her. She thanked me for the meals and said, "It's been a long time since I have had some type of spaghetti to eat." I can take a hint and so I started an Italian pasta dish from one of my cookbooks and now she will have three meals and it was complete by the time I went to bed last night.

My mother in law is about one of the most honest people I know. She speaks her mind openly and you don't have to wonder about what she is thinking. She tells it like it is and does it with kindness and respect. I like that kind of person. Her yes is yes and her no is no. She still cooks and makes most of her meals. But after 94 years, six kids and a husband, I believe she deserves a rest from making all of her meals. 

So today, as you interface with others, be a straight shooter. Don't be wishy washy and make people wonder where you stand. I left you with a small recipe below. Enjoy

God bless, 

Marty

BAKED ZITI

TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES

Ingredients

1 pound ziti (or penne)

3 cups marinara sauce

1 large egg

1 cup ricotta (whole or part skim)

¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

¼ teaspoon fine sea salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

½ cup fresh parsley, minced

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

Fill a large sauce pan with water and a generous amount of salt. Bring it to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package's al dente directions.

Drain the pasta, rinse and add it back to the pan.

Add the sauce to the pasta, stir to combine well, and set aside.

In a small mixing bowl whisk together the egg, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.

Spoon half the pasta into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish. Then spoon 6 dollops of the ricotta mixture onto the pasta. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the pasta and repeat all steps to make a second layer.

Bake the pasta uncovered for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until the cheese is bubbly.

Allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying





No comments:

Post a Comment