Tuesday, September 21, 2021

An Outward Expression Of Love 9/21/2021

 Good Morning,

My day is starting early this morning and it will be a long one. I am blessed to have a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee in a mug next to me and I will be taking a Thermos bottle filled with this java with me to work today.

I would like to talk about obedience to God this morning. Have you ever thought that your obedience to God is an outward expression of your love of God?

John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commandments. 

John 14:24 "Anyone who does not love Me, does not keep My words"

I think about those who volunteer to clean our church which includes the restrooms. They are loving their neighbors by doing so. This is an outward expression of keeping the command Jesus gave us of loving your neighbor as yourself. 

Yet there are those who go to church and yet live an unruly life at home. They claim to love God, yet any chance they get, they backslide into the dark side of life. 

If you have an obedience problem living a peaceful and civil life, you have a love problem.

Your experiences with God revealing Himself to you become less and less and strife becomes more and more.

Food for thought! Could people tell your love for God by your outward expressions of love to Him, your family and your friends? Sometimes God's command is so simple to understand, when He says love your neighbor, which could be those of your own house. It just means "Be Nice".

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment