Sunday, September 5, 2021

What Is More Important? 9/5/2021

 Good Morning,

My head is clouded with hay fever this morning. This ailment will be gone with the first frost, and I am looking forward to that morning for sure. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Vanilla Creme Brulee Coffee and it is time to write. 

Deuteronomy 3:16 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear, it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. 

Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus slipped away to a solitary place, to be alone and pray. 

When a first woke up today I heard the horn from a distant train moving closer to our home. The sound of the horn sounded lonely for some reason. I went to the kitchen and let our dogs out and poured myself a cup of coffee. Our two Springer Spaniels were looking for their food and some dog treats they receive every morning. I took care of that and then wandered to the den to write. 

I had intended on writing something else for today, but wasn't comfortable with the topic. Something just wasn't right with me. I had all ten toes, and both hands and I could see after I put on my glasses. No fever, and really not too much arthritis for the day. So then I sat down to write and there was nothing to write about. 

What was wrong with me? As I sat down to write I looked over to my right a little and there is a picture of my family. Then it came to me. I had started this day without prayer. My morning prayer time starts with being thankful and then I move on to pray for my family. If you are reading this right now and it is before you have prayed. Stop reading and go and restart the walk of this day with prayer. Time with God in prayer is much more important than reading this daily spewing of inspiration,

Once I prayed, my direction to write was given. My goal for tomorrow is to write about my first intention of  this day, not my sub standard performance today. 

Make morning prayer time a part of your wake up call. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment