Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Back To School 9/1/2021

 Good Morning,

Yesterday ended in prayer and this morning started in prayer. With my cup of Door County Creme Coffee at my side and two dogs sleeping on my feet, it is time to write.

1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people.


I don't know where the summer went, but it's time to go back to school in the United States. Reading, writing, and arithmetic will be some of the subjects kids will be taught. Some things neve change. Let us not forget those older kids starting college or returning to school. Then there are those adults, pursuing higher knowledge or are retraining to find new employment.

New back packs filled with new crayons, books and other supplies are headed to school busses. Breakfast is eaten in a hurry and young girls tie up the bathroom just to make sure they look perfect. I for one always enjoyed the start of the school year and learning wasn't always number one on my agenda, I liked to see the friends that I didn't see through the summer and get reacquainted. 

My point is this. It isn't quite the same as when I went to school. Some things are. But now the kids have to practice active shooter drills as well as tornado drills. Politics have entered the school system as we endure yet another year of Covid 19. Vaccinate, or not vaccinate? Mask worn or not worn? Go to school or learn virtually? 

I will not open a debate on these subjects today. I will however call on people of prayer to pray for the kids across the street from you. Pray for you kids and grandchildren. Commit to prayer for this school year and the people in our schools, young and old alike. Pray for the teachers who are in the same boat this morning. Our future rests in the next generations and they deserve for us to have their backs.

God bless,

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment