Saturday, September 25, 2021

Waltz Across Heaven 9/25/21

 Good Morning,

This morning finds me in Door County Wisconsin drinking a cup of Door County Brownie Batter Coffee in a resort setting. 

My wife Rene and I took the opportunity to get away for a couple of days. This coming Monday will be our wedding anniversary and we chose to rest and celebrate in a spot we have grown to love and enjoy. 

Proverbs 5:18 May your fountain be blessed and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. 

While driving to our destination, we talked in between Rene's naps . She is a very quiet traveling partner. It seems as if the hum of the car engine puts her right to sleep. But in between her hibernations we chatted about how nice it would be to get away and relax. It has been a very busy month so far. The subject that came up next was one I think we have been avoiding.

We both expressed that we wished we had done some of these short getaways more when we were younger. I said that "I hope we will be able to do this annual trip for a long time." Oddly I knew I had to say something more, because thinking about your own mortality and the fact that someday one of us will be alone for awhile was a sobering thought. I knew Rene had the same thing on her mind.

So in my attempt to say something funny and inspiring I came up with "I should probably brush up on a few dance steps." Rene asked why. My reply was this. "Someday I will waltz across heaven with you". Rene laughed pretty hard and I asked her what was so funny. "I am picturing a bear with waders on, dancing in a swamp. But I will take that dance any day."

Friends, heaven awaits us some day and we will take that dance. But in the meantime waltz through life with a smile and dance with the love of your life, if you are able, before you can't.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment