Saturday, September 11, 2021

A Home Should Be Lived In, Not Be The Source Of The Next Virus 9/11/2021

 Good Morning,

Saturday arrived, and it was right on time. There is a lot to do this weekend and just a little time to get it done. I am trying a new flavor of Coffee this morning, and It is going down smoothly. Door County Perfectly Pistachio is sitting right next to me as I write. This is the last of my series on harmony in the home. I am remembering the fallen of 911 today and their surviving families as well as those who lost their lives fighting the terrorists who orchestrated the attack God bless America. 

1 Corinthians 14:40 But all things should be done decently and in order. 

1 Timothy 3:5 For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?


When it comes to our house we are pretty neat people and we strive to make sure our home can accommodate unforeseen guests at most anytime. However, when we are busier than normal, things get a little cluttered. Before it gets out of hand, we both work together to de-clutter and get the place looking ship shape. If anything gets to me it is a stack of dishes left on the counter or the sink overnight. Not very often at all, but that happens in our home. This was more common when my wife was working full time working lots of extra hours at the medical center. I prepare all the food in the house and our deal for 1000 years is that I cook, she cleans the kitchen. But due to me being busy now and then I start the cooking prep the night before the meal. Thus, some dishes and pans might be left until the next morning. But to be very honest, it sets me on the course of a foul mood when I wake up and see a dirty kitchen. So we compromised. If I cook very late we both tackle the kitchen before going to bed. 

A cluttered home full of dirty dishes, a stove that needs a good cleaning, newspapers stacked and things in disarray is not an inviting place to come home to and often sets the wheels of depression in motion.  The same with a yard. If your property looks more like a junkyard than a home fitting for company, you have a problem. A home should be lived in and not necessarily be a show piece. But it should appear welcoming within reason. This is important to you as even more than it is for guests. But they do form an impression of you. Depression often leads to conflict when you have to look at the same mess day after day. 

So my dear friends, this might be a real problem in your home. Remember, you are part of a team and you need to clean up after yourself. Think it through and get on it! 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment