Sunday, July 12, 2020

With The Eyes Of Your Heart 7/12/2020

Good Morning,

The sun is working hard to peek out from behind the clouds this morning. My cup was just filled with Door County Kona Blend Coffee and now it is time to write.



Today I desire to write a devotional yet it is more of a prayer for all of you who will read it today or days in the future. I can't take any credit for the beautiful words I will share. They come directly from Scripture. I was reading my Bible yesterday and this passage stood out and it touched my heart. I knew right then and there what I would be sharing with all of you today.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people.

We live in a spiritual world  and as Christians we all too often become creatures of habit. For instance today is Sunday and many will attend church or listen to the pod cast at home. They will receive a good message, mail in an offering or drop one into a plate and then be satisfied. They will go home feeling that they have completed their ritual or duty to assemble and be fed. Nothing changes for them.

My prayer today is that as we attend church or watch it from a computer is for us to open the eyes of our heart. Friends, God is always at work to redeem a lost world, showing compassion, and assisting us in our daily lives. In order to open the eyes of our hearts we need to pray and be willing to be used. We can be by inheritance, a part of God's work. With the eyes of our heart leading us, there is no limit to what God wants you to see and accomplish with Him for His Kingdom.

Maybe instead of feeling sorry for yourself, God will call you to show love or compassion to someone else. With the eyes of your heart leading the way, they will lead you to pass by anxiety and despair, right to working beside God.

So today, as I prayed for you, pray for me also that I might see with my heart. Our eyes might see the beggar in the road, but the eyes of our heart will lead us to give him water.

Dear Friends, experience God with all your heart and soul. It is your family inheritance.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment