Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Strong To The Finish 7/22/2020

Good Morning,

With my cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee next to me and one of our dogs sleeping on my right foot, it is time to write.


I always read the comments on my blog every day. Some of them come through social media and others come directly on my page. A friend of mine from high school commented yesterday and  it stuck with me through yesterday and until this morning. It was personal in nature so I won't write it down this morning.

Philippians 1:3-6 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making requests for you with full joy, for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident  of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you, will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. 

It however led me to write today on the fact that God is always working on us and doesn't stop until we come home to Him in heaven. He knows every good and bad thing that happens to us. He takes each experience we endure and uses it to mold us into who we are in His name. 

In our garage there are a couple of antique refinishing projects that I just can't get fired up about completing. They have been hanging around for a couple of years now. They will be difficult to do and I just don't want the challenge. So they sit for now like unwanted orphans with no one to care for them. 

But even during our worst experiences, God desires to see us through as a finished project. When we hurt emotionally He is there to remove the tear stains, wipe our noses and teach us to forgive. He doesn't view us as a project He doesn't want to complete. He might take a loss of a job and use it to teach us how to rely on Him to find the job He wants us to have. God loves us enough to never set us aside in his "garage' and wonder where He is and if He cares.

My friends. You are God's handiwork and He is not done with us yet. God is in your corner helping to build your character right up until the day He calls you home. 

Marty

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment