Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Wing Is Broken 7/26/2020

Good Morning,

It seems lonely in the house this morning. My wife Rene is still asleep. She worked late into the night on a project she has undertaken for our home. Both dogs have retired to their beds after a steamy run this morning. I am sipping on a very hot cup of Door County Lemon Shortbread Cookie Coffee . And now it is time to write.


I haven't been flying too high lately. I received a call last week from my sister. There are three of us siblings. I am the oldest and she is the "middle child" and the one and only girl. Our sister has been battling pancreatic liver cancer for a year and not too long ago was pronounced cancer free. We rejoiced with the news.

That temporary peace from the battle was shattered with one phone call. She hadn't been feeling well and a doctors visit was in order. One scan later showed that the cancer had returned with a vengeance and it was announced that there are no treatments in the future. Hospice arrangements for home and beyond are being made. I have been keeping my feelings to myself with a lot of things going through this feeble mind.

I petitioned God immediately and asked for a miracle once more. I prayed "Your will be done". Then a verse that I hand out to people who hurt with the advice to trust God in the good or the bad came into my head. This favorite verse of mine came to me, full circle.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. 

I even wear a hat with that verse on it. I know her faith and I know where she will be once the Lord chooses the day for her or if He chooses to grant that miracle, the result sooner or later will be that she will embrace heaven and be with Jesus.  Of course I would like to see that many years from now. But that would be my will and I need to accept that God manages each day.

For a little while God has allowed me to fly low and deal with my feelings and emotions. But in that verse, He reassured me that I can count on Him to keep His word that no matter what the outcome He has this. It's OK to fly low and be there in the moment for my family. And although I don't feel like it, He will carry us and I really don't need cry out. He knows our needs and all I need to do is to Remember He is God and His ways are much greater than mine.

So today if you are flying low because of worldly problems that you just can't handle. Read my favorite verse and know that God is in the lows and the highs of your life. He will let you fly low but will mend that wing and call you to fly high again.

Love to all,

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment