Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Angels Among Us 7/8/2020

Good Morning,

I am starting today with a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and a dish full of hope for a good day.  I woke up and that is a positive start!



Yesterday I wrote about being convicted to give a man a few dollars at the side of the road and it created a little bit of a stir in blog land. Today I won't defend what I did, because when the Spirit of God leads me to do it again, I will.

When I first started reading a Bible in 1981 everything within it's pages was wonder and a delight to read. Some of the first passages I read back then stuck with me in a big way and they still impact a lot of my actions. One of the first ones actually caused me to lose some sleep after reading it. Back in  pre -1981 I could walk by someone in need and think that they should get a job or work harder. I had little or no compassion.

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so, some have unwittingly entertained angels.

When I think about some of the interactions I have had with strangers and how they showed me hospitality and before I could thank them they disappeared. And on the opposite hand how many strangers have I helped and when I turned for a moment, they were gone. I often wondered if these people were angels sent my way to help me or to test me and my generosity level.

 So this verse taught me to appreciate strangers and keep an open heart and mind. The second verse  is

Matthew 25:40  The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of my brothers and sisters  of mine, you did for Me."

So my friends when you see a stranger in need or a stranger that just wants to be friendly. Do you really want to gamble on whether or not you are interacting with an angel, or let alone ignoring another child of God? We are supposed to be a family!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment