Thursday, July 2, 2020

Take Pride In The Right Thing 7/2/2020

Good Morning,

I say that to all of you and it comes right from my heart. I am enjoying this time of the morning because it is still cool outside and my Door County Black and Tan Coffee is going down very smoothly. Our goal is to make a trip to Door County this summer for a couple of days of relaxation.

Proverbs 16:18-19 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed, than to share plunder with the proud.


In my many years of ministry I have been blessed to be able to participate in short term mission trips and stay in areas that were some of the poorest in the world. I was always amazed by the faith and commitment shown to the Christian walk by people that barely had the necessities of life. I was often just blown away by their willingness to share what they had as they invited me into their homes.  When I compared the blessings I enjoyed back home, to what they didn't have  I was stripped of any haughtiness and I was humbled to the bone. I learned immediately that faith did not come from status or possessions.

I have met some of the most inspirational people in the world who had their pride in the right place. They valued their faith in God, loving on people, and sharing the message of Jesus Christ above all.

Today, if you are tempted to look down on anyone, look up instead. Take a close look and know that all you have came from God, but what you should value most is your faith in Jesus Christ.

Have a great day.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Your message this morning brings to me thoughts of some in our small circle of praying people, I think of Reggie and Becky dealing with health issues that I can barely imagine but their eyes are only looking to Jesus

    ReplyDelete