Monday, July 6, 2020

Follow The Instructions 7/6/2020

Good Morning,

The day began with a lot of sunshine and some very warm air. I was blessed to be able to sit down with a cup of Door County Churro Coffee and a bowl of Cheerios. So despite some very hot weather, all is good in this house.


I have studied God's Word since 1981 and I have personally witnessed it's power to change lives. There are 66 books within the Bible and I believe everyone of them to be the true God breathed word of God. There are a lot of do's and don't within this treasure chest. Each page is filled with what God desires for us to know or to follow.

Yet, all too often we read the Bible to find something to soothe our soul and forget to do what is asked of us. I do believe that the Bible can and does soothe our hearts, our minds and our souls with words of comfort, compassion, correction, and love. I also believe it gives us the footprints for doing the things God expects from us. Yes I do sit and read my Bible in the winter with a fire in the hearth and enjoy nights of peace. Friend's there are also times while drinking some hot chocolate, and wearing some warm pajamas that the same Bible calls me to action. It redirects my course in life or gives me a severe correction of attitude or actions.

God even gives us directions on how to read and  DO the Word.

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

It is simple. Forgive as commanded, work hard, don't cheat, steal, or lie. God expects not only to read His word, but to live it.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment