Tuesday, July 7, 2020

What Is Seen And What Is Not Seen 7/7/2020

Good Morning,

This day began with prayer for quite a few friends of mine who are battling serious illnesses. God placed them on my heart the very minute I woke up. I am enjoying a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee as I write today.


Not long ago I was driving to our work office and at the intersection that leads to the highway there was a man with a sign saying he was homeless and needed money for food. He stared at me and looked me in the eye. I assumed tight off that if I gave him some money he wouldn't use it for food anyway. I had immediately cast judgement on this person without knowing him or his story at all.  When I looked away from him I suddenly felt like I was going to vomit. I couldn't see beyond my own blinded heart.

I knew God was working on me and I knew that I had some loose dollar bills in my pocket. I pulled them out of my pocket and reached out of the window of my truck and handed them to the man. The man thanked me, and said " I really do need food" as if he felt he had to justify his need verbally. I told him he was welcome to the money and that I would pray for him. He nodded and said this. "Thank you, for the prayers. If you only knew!"

Friends, I will never know what that meant. But I do know this, I judged by what I saw. My spiritual eyes were closed .

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

We need to see people and situations as God sees them. We need to always bend toward generosity instead of running to judgement.  We need to be looking with our eyes on the eternal, Once the money left my hand it was up to the needy man as to what he was going to do with the money. I had answered God's call and I should have never put on the hat of judgement.

Food for thought.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment