Thursday, July 9, 2020

Tuning In The Dial Of Marriage 7/9/2020

Good Morning,

When I awoke this morning I could hear two doves who were perched on the top of our house talking to each other. It seemed like all sound had been silenced except for those two love birds chatting to each other.  Then I heard the Door County Cherry Creme Coffee start to brew and I knew this day had really started.



Ephesians 4:15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ. 

Those two birds took me back a thousand years to when my wife Rene and I started dating. Now if anyone really knows me very well I am not a love bird sweet talking kind of guy. Nor is Rene talkative at all! But what I remember most about those first dates was how much we laughed together and enjoyed learning all we could about each other.

A thousand years later we still enjoy laughing together and to be honest as we age there is still much to learn about each other. We have changed a little with age and things that bother me now didn't bother me back in the day. This Covid thing has Rene very wary and afraid at times. I never thought I would see her afraid of anything. But she watched me be ill for about 40 days and it had an impact on her. I learned that she wondered what she would do without me.

Relationships are like analog radios. Sometimes they just need to be tuned in to get better reception. The radio was fine two weeks ago but for some reason this week it needs to be adjusted a little for better reception. You don't want to listen to your favorite music filled with static.

Friends, the lesson for today is this. Things change and people change but a good husband and wife stay in tune with each other and are able to adjust the relationship dials to meet the needs of each other. You have to take time to talk and above all, listen to one another. What was, isn't anymore and knowing the whys and whats of the changes helps to keep you love birds cooing through the good and the bad.

Stay tuned in and reduce the static in your marriage. Be heard and be a good listener. Don't laugh, but we still have a working radio like the one pictured above.

Love to all,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Marty, there times when I don't realize that my tuner is a little off.

    ReplyDelete