Friday, July 10, 2020

A Social Challenge 7/10/2020

Good Morning,

I wrote this last night for our church daily devotional and I liked it enough to share it in my blog this morning. So today after my prayer time I will hit the publish button and share it with you. Tomorrow I will be writing to you with a fresh message from a well relaxed man. I can hear the Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee brewing right now. And it is time to publish!


A Personal Challenge From Marty

I have seen a lot of personal challenges on social media asking people to post pictures of their spouses or kids for a specified amount of days. Some have challenged others to lose weight for money and then donate the money to a charity.


So being a social butterfly myself ( most people who know me just started laughing) I want you read the rest of the devotional and then consider the challenge at the end. It will cause you to put on your big girl or big boy pants to accomplish this challenge.

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Jesus is speaking directly to us in the verse above. And in this verse, He offers a wonderful promise---- “forgiveness”! But this promise comes with an IF and the IF depends on our hearts. He will forgive us IF we forgive others. We can choose to forgive and be forgiven, or we can hold on to bitterness, anger, and envy. If we choose the wrong path we only hurt ourselves further.

Our selfish focus leaves Christ on the cross and our sins still with us. We aren’t living a resurrected life. But when we live by Christ’s words and forgive others , healing, repair and love are ours, and we can live in freedom.

Here is the challenge: Pick that person, right now who needs your forgiveness and put them on the top of your prayer list and then let them know you forgive them.

Man up, Lady up and “git er” done!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment