Friday, July 17, 2020

Don't Fall Into Your Own Trap! 7/17/2020

Good Morning,

Friday came right on time and it feels good to be drinking some Door County Mistletoe Mocha Coffee. Just a little Christmas in July for me.

There are times when I wonder how some people can say whatever they want or do whatever they want and nothing seems to happen to them. I believe that there are people who are in continual motion with the capability of unleashing meanness in epic proportions on a moment's notice. They are like the tropical storm that is no big deal but overnight can turn into a nasty hurricane. They leave a wake of human emotional destruction. They always know more than anyone else and they will tell you so.

They feel they are justified in saying what is on their mind whether it hurts others or not. But yet when the tide turns on them and they receive a little bit of the way they treated others, they cry like they are being stung by a hoard of bees.

So if you have a mean streak in you there is a Bible verse of caution. If you are one who has opened a 10 pound can of mean and have sprung the trap on others, this verse is one you should memorize. We would all do well to heed this one.

Proverbs 26:27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them. 

A good prayer for all of us today would be. Dear God, help me not to be vindictive or nasty. I know I will reap what I sow. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment