Saturday, July 25, 2020

Love Is Tender 7/25/2020

Good Morning,

Saturday it is and in a few hours I will be joining friends for a charity shoot at a local sportsman's club. I will finish this blog and then join my brother for breakfast to celebrate his 53rd birthday. I think today will be a good day! I just poured myself a cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and now it is time to write. It''s going to hot out there. I will keep some water close by today!



I see within the world a lot of just plain old "not getting along". Differences have polarized several groups and it is getting nasty out there. I myself have had enough of the violence and threats. Let's face it. There will always be differences out there. As long as the are opinions and free will to think there will be differences.

I prayed for wisdom before writing this today. I asked God, "how do we navigate differences"? The answer as always, is found within Scripture. It's not found in violence, threats, erasing history, segregating more, or politics. God gives us a clear plan in 1 Corinthians 113:4-5

Love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered. it keeps no record of wrongs. 

Love offers us a choice to celebrate differences, and learn from each other without tearing each other down. Love removes arrogance and adds respect to the equation. Love listens and acts when appropriate. Love also confronts tenderly.

So we are shown how love responds to differences not by some politician, or some babbling idiots. We are given the blueprint for responding to differences by God.

Food for thought.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment