Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Under The Snow 2/18/2020

Good Morning,
My cup is full of hot Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. I pray for everyone reading this today that your day will be blessed in an unexpected way.



As I write this, several things are going on around me. My house has an upstairs loft. I am sitting up in the loft at an antique desk. Two Springer Spaniels are laying on my feet and my fire place has a crackling fire going. From my vantage point I can look out a window and see the snow coming down with small wet flakes. My yard has a fresh blanket of snow. Underneath the snow are still a few dead leaves, some bare spots in the lawn caused from last summer's drought, and probably a couple "Springer Spaniel Land Mines" (Doggy Poop) that did not get picked up before the snow fell.

But I do not see anything but the beautiful pure white snow. You would never know what is under the snow.

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."


It is the same with God's forgiveness of our sins. Once we receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and ask to be forgiven of our sins, we still know the sins were there but God does not see them anymore.

This regeneration of our lives then propels us into wanting to repent of our of sins " not wanting to dirty the lawn of our life anymore". We desire a change in our life actions. The Holy Spirit then empowers us to leave our sinful ways. God and godly service become the desires of our heart. We want to love more, hate less, forgive more, lose grudges, and show more kindness. Then when people look at us they do not see a sin filled lawn, they see us whiter than snow. When I look at the snow it reminds of what God desires to do for us. How about it? Will you ask God for a heart blizzard today?
Love you all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment