Friday, February 21, 2020

Let's Go To Church 2/21/2020

Happy Saturday,

What is hot and tastes like liquid blueberries? My Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee this morning.

Psalm 122:1
King James Version (KJV)
 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.



Well it's Friday morning. Many people will go to church tomorrow or Sunday I am 63 years old now and for all those years the day after Friday has always been Saturday. And the day after Saturday has always been Sunday. I hope you will agree with me that this is pretty much a constant!!!! Why does it seem as if Sunday or Saturday night worship times come like a big surprise to people? So why is it that many people rush to church and then rush through it? Oh they might plan their clothing, prepare a tithe, but, will most cut short the Saturday activities and be well rested to go into God's house and not sleep through the service and then say "I didn't get much out of that."?

I think as much as being on time is important and laying out your clothes is important, preparing your heart, mind, body and soul, prior to entering God's house is more important. For many people throughout the world and over the years church attendance has been taken away. Think of those locked away in the concentration camps of World War 2. They lost that privilege.

As we prepare to assemble this weekend let's rejoice because we can attend. Let's take time to prepare our hearts, minds and rest our bodies. Let's get the most out of our time together with God.

Love to all
Marty

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why a person would not want to spend more time here on the earth with the God that they desire to spend eternity with.

    ReplyDelete