Monday, February 3, 2020

Someone Had To Lose 2/3/2020

Good Morning,

The morning came in like whisper today. I kept both of our dogs pretty busy yesterday and they were not ready to bounce out of bed and hour ago. So things are pretty quiet this morning as they both chew on a rawhide treat. I was able to bring a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee to the den with me and it's aroma is soothing to my soul. It is time to write.


Proverbs 11:24-25 
24. One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. 25. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. 

Yesterday in the United States the National Football League played the annual Super Bowl game in Miami. I would assume with the technology we have now days, the game was probably seen in other parts of the world.  At the end of the game the Kansas City Chiefs were awarded the Vince Lombardi trophy declaring them the World Champions for the year. On the other hand the San Francisco 49ers went home being the second best team yesterday. They lost and I am sure it hurts.

No matter what we all wanted or whoever you leaned toward cheering for it was no secret that someone was going to lose. There would be no tie awarded or a dual championship. I watched the game and found it to be a hard fought battle and both teams gave it a good fight. But in the end  Kansas City prevailed. My congratulations go out to both teams for making it to the big game. The game is now in the record books and there won't be any changing the outcome.

Friends, each day we are all part of the big game called life. Everyone one of us will have the chance to be kind and loving today. However the outcome can always be a win for us and those we extend the kindness to.  So if I can be kind and loving to someone today just by greeting them pleasantly I have extended warmth to them from my heart. I always feel better when I make someone smile. If my greeting causes them to smile and acknowledge me back, I feel good and they feel good. They release the impact of my kindness on them, with a reply and hopefully a smile. Both parities win. If my kindness is not returned I still win because I am following God's plan for my day. No one has to lose, but we can choose to not give it our best and when we do so, we lose. We might miss out on making someone feel better and for sure if we hand out grumpiness, we might get grumpiness  in return.

So go out today, be kind and loving. Come home a winner.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment