Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Blaze Within 2/9/2020

Good Morning,

I am enjoying a big cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee this morning. Snow is in the forecast for our area today so a little extra coffee for later will be a good call for the day.
Our two English Springer Spaniels are very subdued today and they are both warming up my feet. It is time to write.


Jeremiah 20:9 But if I say, "I will not mention His word or speak anymore in His name," His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

If I were to list all the things I have seen God do in my life I would have a rooms of books filled with His wondrous deeds. If were to document all that He has done for me I would have a very large book,

God is easy to talk about and I often get excited when I can tell others about the one major thing that still stirs my soul when I speak of it. Before anything existed God made the plan of redemption for man. He knew before anything was formed that we would fall from grace because of sin. Jesus was to come to Earth, and pay the price, for my sins and yours. The cross of Calvary would be where this price would be paid. And through faith in Jesus our sins would be washed away.

Titus 1: 1-2     1. Paul a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness,  2. in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised from the beginning of time.

When I think of God as always existing and then loving us enough to have a plan for our failure back before anything was created, I want to shout and cry at the same time. To think that whenever that was, He loved us so much that we were known to Him before the Grand Canyon existed. Before the oceans were created and filled. It is just too much to fathom. But I will state this fact, I am forever grateful.  And as long as I live His deeds will be on my lips. As I grow older for some reason these wondrous attributes of God blaze within me and I get more excited to share these facts about our loving God.

My hope for you this morning is this. May you all just sit for a moment and try to take in His immensity and great love for you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment