Friday, February 7, 2020

Blessed Are The Pure In Heart 2/7/2020

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to all. I wish I could share my Door County Brownie Batter Coffee with you this morning. I was outside with our two dogs  this morning while they ran and played around and sitting in the middle of our yard was a rabbit. Both dogs saw the hare and the chase was on. They came from two different directions and with one quick move the rabbit had the dogs bouncing off of each other and wondering where the bunny went. Two dogs plus me equals the Three Stooges.


Today I want to concentrate on this passage of Scripture for a moment.

Mathew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God 

Most of the time when I read this verse I think about how those who are forgiven of their sins in Jesus have been made pure in heart. When they die and go to heaven, they will see God. It is correct to believe this. But for today my challenge to all of us is to live this day with pure hearts, clean minds filled with pure thoughts, and watch for God at work in our lives and the lives of others. Live a life today that is Spirit led and be prayerful as you go. I have something heavy on my heart today and I lifted it up to God in prayer. It is still there, but God has given me a peace that I can't fathom. I will try to continue this and although I cannot see the Invisible One, I can see how He calmed my soul. I need to try and do this daily and know that God is everywhere and actually is watching me write.  I need to keep looking up to Him and know that He is with me.

So to all, run the race. Keep the faith. Let go, and let God.

Marty

3 comments: