Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A God Without Change 2/12/2020

Good Morning,

The java maker turned on a few minutes ago and I can smell the Door County Bourbon Vanilla Creme Coffee all the way up to our den. I hear the flu bug has hit a lot of people I know recently. Soup is on the agenda for tonight and a couple house calls.



Our weekly Bible study at church is really impacting a lot of us men. This last week we started to dig in on God's immutability. One of the questions for discussion was how does His immutability comfort us?

The Immutability of God is an attribute that "God is unchanging in his character, will, and covenant promises." The Westminster Shorter Catechism says that "[God] is a spirit, whose being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth are infinite, eternal, and unchangeable." Those things do not change.
I really pondered that question and there is comfort in the fact that God doesn't change plans and I can count on His word to be the truth. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes unto the Father except through Me" John 14:6

So this really assures me that I don't have to figure out anything new under the sun to attain a life with the Father. Jesus is the only way. I can't work my way to heaven. I can't pray my way in. I can't buy my way to heaven. My faith in Jesus is what I need.

Psalm 102:27 But you are the same. and Your years have no end. 

You can call that  "Blessed Assurance"

Have a great day!

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, Thank you for your blog, this is even more meaningful now as I read it to the love of my life.

    ReplyDelete