Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Romance Is Not Dead 2/11/2020

Good Morning,

There were still some hot embers in the fireplace this morning so it was easy to get a warm fire started. As for me, the combination of a crackling fire and a large cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee feels way to good for this old guy. I could just pull up a chair and my Bible and sit here for a couple of hours.



Men and ladies, we need to discuss romance for a little bit today especially since we are drawing near to Valentines Day. My wife Rene watches the Hallmark Channel and sees plenty of Hollywood romance. Now remember ladies it is Hollywood and every guy can't make it snow just as the Christmas tree is lit for the first time and most of us don't know how to make hot chocolate.

Guys that doesn't take you off of the hook. Most women appreciate the effort even when it falls short of you riding into her work setting in a white limousine and carrying her off, away from her job. However it is important to try and always put some romance into your relationship.

I for one am not a romanticist at all. I can still remember purchasing a fishing pole for Rene when we were first married, thinking that spending time with me fishing would be the bees knees. Might I say, I was wrong. Now for some ladies fishing with their man is just awesome. But men, know your partner and remember to bring some flowers on a fishing trip now and then. I have since learned that baking an apple pie for her and having a card on the table has a different impact. When Rene was working, flowers delivered to her work place was a great hit. For those in America, "Every Kiss Begins with Kay". But finances did not always cooperate and gifts were not always affordable.  I found that a note on the windshield of her car declaring my love for her was always a winner when she would leave for work at 3:45 AM . I would place it there the night before.  Getting up with her at 3:AM and having some hot biscuits come out of the oven for her breakfast said "I Love You" in many different ways.  I once met her at her car after work on a steamy hot day and had the air conditioning running and I handed her a very cold can of Diet Dr. Pepper for her ride home. Simple things yes, but winners in the romance department.

Song Of Solomon 7:6 ESV  How beautiful and pleasant you are, O Loved one, with all your delights.

Many years ago, to help me get some ideas for romance, I purchased a book on how to be romantic and I would read it secretly. It now sits on our fireplace mantel, all the best ideas are used up. But it is a reminder that no matter how old we get, marriage needs romance.  So guys, plan ahead, put some chocolate kisses in her purse or slippers. Sit down and go through the wedding photos and put one on her pillow with a thank you note for marrying a slug like us. You have a few more days to get going. Better yet, make romance a part of the year and not wait for an assigned day in February. Ladies remember! It's not Hollywood at your house and the dogs will probably eat the Tootsie Rolls in your slippers. Appreciate the effort.

Good luck, and God bless.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment