Monday, February 17, 2020

Breakfast For Two 2/17/2020

Good Morning,

My day is going to start soon and I will be on the road for work. My travel mug will be filled with Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee. I am looking forward to a new challenge today at work. By the grace of God and lot's of prayer we will conquer the new challenge smoothly and efficiently.

Proverbs 5:18 May your fountain be blessed, and may you find joy in the wife of your youth.

My wife of 1000 years always claims that if she could only have one meal per day, it would be a hearty breakfast. In our home I do most all of the cooking and to be honest, I have paid a little more attention to her claim lately.  I see bigger smiles at breakfast from Rene than I do at lunch or dinner. She loves a nice, well planned hot breakfast. Ham and cheese omelettes are her favorite.

I usually try to sit down with her while she eats, I miss breakfast now and then because it really isn't my favorite meal. I will have some juice or a biscuit with honey and sit and keep her company. If I do not sit down she will say  "breakfast is made for two people to eat. While I was working for forty years and my day started at 4:30 am we  did not eat together for breakfast except for weekends.I really never talked to anyone at breakfast for forty years."


I never thought of that! Now and then I would be up and headed out the door before her, or with her, but we never sat down during a work week and ate breakfast together. Now that I am semi retired we are making up for lost time. If at all possible, I make breakfast and at least sit down and drink some coffee with Rene before I leave for work.

Friends, all the purchased jewelry in the world is meaningless compared to spending time with the person you love. Take the time to have a meal together. Shut off the phones and televisions. Put away the newspaper and talk. You just never know when it will be just one of you sitting there wishing you had eaten more breakfasts together,

How would you like your eggs today?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment