Thursday, February 13, 2020

If Is A Big Word 2/13/2020

Good Morning,

I would love to sit down with some of you this morning and pour you a cup of Door County Heavenly  Caramel Coffee. I just think it would be awesome to meet some of the readers in other countries.  I finished praying and it is time to write.



The word If only has two letters in it, yet it as a word can carry a lot of weight. All too often we throw the word If around and tie it to our dreams. For instance, "If I win the lottery, I will ........."
Then the word If can be used to say no but take the sting out of the situation.  "If you bring that D on your report card up to an A we will go to Disney World to celebrate" Face it that kid is a B student and you answered their request to go to Disney Word with an If. An if that in all reality will never happen. If this, if that, if if if if if. We use the word if too much.

Matthew 5:37  But let your yes be yes and your no be no. Anything more than these is from the evil one.

What if God was a God of If's? Imagine God saying "Call out to Me and I will answer you If you stand on your head for an hour and blow bubbles out of your ears." He did not say He would not answer us, but the If put a no in the way of our relationship and trust in God.

Be careful my friends as to how you use If.  Honey, "if  I have some extra time Saturday I will paint the kitchen. Saturday comes. Honey I will be home after I golf and maybe If I take a nap and feel good I will paint the kitchen." We iffed our way right into lying. You had no intention of painting.

So, let your yes be yes and your no be no. Save the Ifs for another day. Can you be trusted to do what you say?

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment