Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's The Fuss? Focus 10/28/2015

Good Morning,

Some days you just wish you could sleep in a little longer. Today is one of those days but, my schedule won't have any of that. So with my Door County Harvest Blend Coffee at my side I write and then head out to work.

Luke 10:38-42New International Version (NIV)
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

No doubt about it. I believe Martha had to be one great hostess. Of all the women in the Bible I believe she would be the one that I would want to invite me for Thanksgiving dinner. I bet she was a good cook, and her home was clean. I would imagine that she received many compliments on the way she presented her dishes and home. She was probably very detail oriented also. She was so worried about entertaining her guests that she did not have time to listen to the main guest.

We all are not too different from Martha. But today we will not look at passing up time with Jesus, although that is super important. But look closer into your own home. How busy do you get that you don't have time to get on the floor and play with your kids? How consumed are you with the details of work or ministry that you would miss a football or volleyball game which your kids are playing in? Can't the laundry become a folding game for the whole family?  How about an hour of board games with the family? How about prayer and Bible charades with those you love. How about a cup of coco with the spouse?

What's the fuss? Focus a little on what is more important.

Love ya!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment