Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Warning Signs Of Danger 10/8/2015

Good Morning,

I arrived home to a warm house last night after a great week away in North Dakota hunting ducks. My mug is filled with Door County Maple Coffee, the dog is still tired and both of us are a little sore from our trip. But content and happy are the two words that best describe us.

Proverbs 27:12
The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

On our trip we stayed in a very small town. I only met one person from the area and he was a very nice host and super friendly. But I do believe that at one time years ago the town actually had a little more hustle and bustle to it. On the outside of town was an old abandoned school house.
Now I have to tell you that old abandoned buildings really intrigue me. I picture in my mind what it must have looked like when it was being used? I ask myself questions, like "why was it abandoned? Was it flooding that caused it not to be used?" I know the area suffered from some massive flooding in the past. I should have asked our host about the school. All week long I had to drive past the building and the temptation to stop and peek in was just driving me nuts? "Could I peek in some how"?  The building was clearly marked DANGER on the outside, but the attraction was causing me to develop ideas as to how I could look in just a little. " That wouldn't hurt?"  I actually had to pray to get my perspective straight.

1. It do not belong to me.
2. In order to peek in, I might have to climb or move a board. The board removal would have been illegal. Then it would be a crime.
3. It was marked "DANGER" and that meant something bad could happen.

Yet, I still had devised several reasons and plans that seemed ok in my mind. I can say that I did not follow through and satisfied myself with a Bible verse that settled the whole thing.

Proverbs 14:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.
 
You see, my plan was definitely not God's plan and every warning sign was there. What warning signs are you walking around or through today? What one thing are you tempted to peek at, that you shouldn't? Would God condone your plan? He clearly did not approve of mine, no matter how I tried to justify one little peek.
 
I am safe at home in one piece, no tickets for trespassing, and happy to say that God's Word saved me from who knows what?
 
AMEN
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment