Saturday, October 17, 2015

Look At The Heart. God Does 10/17/2015

Good Morning,
That old mug of mine is filled with Door County Harvest Blend Coffee and I am on the road again. My truck, my Browning, Gibbs and me.

1 Samuel 16:7English Standard Version (ESV)
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”


Duck and Goose hunting requires that we be camouflaged in order to blend in with the local foliage and fool the ducks or geese into landing in a decoy spread. I really don't like wearing a face shield. I prefer to use face paint. Now when I am hunting with friends the face paint is accepted as normal and a few of them wear it also. The face paint is hard to wash off and I usually do that after I arrive home.

You should see the looks I get if on the way home if I stop at a diner with my friends for breakfast. I walk in and people give me the strangest looks and some I am sure, assume that I am a terrorist on the loose. They assume the worst. They don't know that I am a God fearing man, read my Bible, love my family, work hard, and enjoy a good laugh. They read me by what they see. I think we all have done that at least a few times in our lives. We look at the appearance and then we miss out on meeting the heart of the man.

I wonder how many great hearts I have missed out on meeting because I looked at the outer appearance? I think we need to follow God's way of looking at people. He judges the heart and makes no assumptions.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment